- 22 September 2018
- Posted by: Mateusz Kwasniewski
- Category: SAP AIF
1. AIF Value mapping overview and prerequisites
There are some business specific scenarios where value mapping needs to be implemented not only by providing internal and external values but also providing some extra logic into it before is mapped. AIF allows to update the output value on the fly in the custom function module directly.
In the below scenario we have defined CRM sales office mapping based on the country but internal values are R/3 business values and finally we have to map this accordingly into CRM HR object id’s. We handle this by implementing custom function.
2. AIF value mapping definition and implementation
- Go to /n/aif/cust transaction and click on “Define Value mappings”:
- Provide the namespace and fill additional fields:
- Go to transaction /n/aif/vmap and populate mapping values for your system id:
- Go back to custom function module and implement additional logic there:
3. AIF Value mapping testing
Going into the AIF test tool (/n/aif/iftest) we have prepared single test case